Thursday, December 6, 2012

This Week

It's that time of year when there aren't a lot of finished projects to show, but rather 37.5 of them in various stages of progress. So here are some peeks of what I've been working on this week.


 
These geese made up in linen and Liberty are really making me happy.  Today I finished this project for a special someone, but I can't show you just yet. I will tell you that I even broke out the good Liberty for this one, the tana lawn that I won a bundle of in PR&P. It made me sew really slowly just for fear of mucking it up. So pretty though.



Since I decided to sell sets of Charlie Brown ornaments on Etsy this past Monday, the felt shapes have been stacking themselves up on my sewing table. They aren't exactly organizing themselves very well though. You still have time to enter my giveaway to win your own set!



Sewn Studio has made kits available for my Bumble snowman stocking tutorial! So darn cute in that bakery box, right?  You can order one online right here



Saturday while Nick was at work I got it in my head that I had to make him a winter beer advent. I got the idea from seeing Elizabeth Hartman's version on Instagram. Taking my kids into the tiny liquor store to get the good individually sold bottles was a bit hairball. But totally worth it when he got home that night and about pooped his pants out of happiness. Sometimes men are hard to buy gifts for and sometimes they are very simple. Beer= great success.



 And lastly, this fuzzy picture is a peek at a project I'm working on for the CincinnatiMQG that I'm so excited about! It's been too long since I finished a quilt, and this one needs to be finished very soon.

It will all fall into place though, along with the 36.5 other things. (Oh, and an excellent Film Petit is coming! It's gonna be your fave.)

What are you happily toiling away on?






13 comments:

  1. Loving your project for the CMQG! I've been doing something different every night: a dress for my little girl, a baby blanket, and then there's that king size quilt I've had going for about 6 months...

    ReplyDelete
  2. "It's that time of year when there aren't a lot of finished projects to show, but rather 37.5 of them in various stages of progress." Oh how I can relate!
    Also, "Beer=great success" is one of the best lines I've read lately, and also one of the most inspiring! What a brilliant idea for a Christmas gift and now I finally know what to get my husband besides my one other idea. Phew, and thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm loving that last project already! Can't wait to see the finished version.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the abominable snowman too! Girl you are rocking the crafty creativeness:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful projects Jessica! I can't wait to see the flying geese finish. Love your Dresdens too! I feel like you, way too many projects and nothing to show. I have way to many to start for Christmas still! Yikes! So you are on Instagram? And Elizabeth Hartman is on IG? Please share user names so I can follow your awesomeness!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow you have been busy. I love your flying geese. They are so perfect and I love the colours.

    ReplyDelete
  7. your geese are just perfect! fabric choices and points, to boot!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is mom not Dad and I love your Christmas sewing fun and the advent present too. Your flying geese are perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love these pics. And the beer advent is FABULOUS. Why have I never seen this before. Love. Next year, totally doing that for Adam!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You and me both sista; my sewing room is a flurry of mostly finished projects, though I have finalized a few in the last day or two. PHEW. On to film petit!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Toiling away at finishing the school year here in Australia. This week coming is the last. OMG the beer advent! Sooooo cool. My husband would love that, and yes he's hard to buy for and his bday is Dec 12th so double gift buying in December! Going to use this idea next year. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Look at all the fun you're having! The beer advent is just perfect for some guys. I think I nailed Brandon's gift this year too. That's a good feeling because usually....

    ReplyDelete
  13. next year spencer is getting a beer advent... although, it might be a whiskey advent instead...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments-I LOVE to hear from you, so speak up! And I usually reply in email to your questions, so make sure your profile has your email.