Friday, April 30, 2010

Refashion FAIL

sigh... I love the process of trying to change clothes that are in my closet just by using...clothes that are in my closet. But it's always just a make it up as you go- big fat gamble in the end.


Day 8 of the creativity project was to refashion some wardrobe item. I thought it would be the perfect opportunity for me to finally fix these 2 shirts with coffee stain right in the middle of them. (seriously, what is wrong with me?)


So it doesn't look horrible on the hanger...but it looks pretty bad on. It might look better on someone who is closer to an a-cup. But probably not. I really like the idea of the gathered panel, but I had to take it down too low to cover up that oddly placed stain. But I didn't have enough fabric to take it all the way to the bottom either. Plus the vertical panel kind of looks weird with the horizontal stripes. I'd like to try it again on a sold shirt with a lower neckline. 

I also attempted to redeem myself on the white stained shirt, but I just couldn't think of a way to cover that low stain that wouldn't look completely ridiculous. I might as well just wear it with a girl scout sash or something. :)


7 comments:

  1. Hey, it doesn't look bad on the hanger at all...

    I'll share my bizarre necklace today.

    At least we tried.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHA, Totally cracking up right now. You are hilarious. Why don't you just take your white shirt and cut the stain out. Shoot, every time I look for shorts in the store they have holes in them...so just wear a shirt with a hole in it. Why not? Oh...since it's long sleeves-I'd just rip the sleeves off. A hole on your belly won't feel good in the winter. But, might be refreshing in summer along with the new tank style shirt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just laugh out loud funny, but hey, if you have nothing either way. How about Oxy-Clean.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What about a grown up version of this??

    http://www.makeit-loveit.com/2010/05/re-purposing-t-shirt-into-dress.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw, I don't think it's that bad! As long as you had fun making it, that's what counts (at least that's what I always tell myself when something doesn't come out as I wanted it, haha).

    ReplyDelete
  6. we all have these projects. its pretty great for some comic relief. i made a HORRIBLE wreath the other day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've had a couple of my own refashion fails lately, and I wanted to thank you for sharing this. It gave me a laugh, and made me feel better.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments-I LOVE to hear from you, so speak up! And I usually reply in email to your questions, so make sure your profile has your email.